Type of Job
October 27, 2021, 4:00:00 AM
About the job
The Data Engineer will be a proven team player in software development with a strong commitment to work with and understand data. Your work will be key in allowing Banjo Health’s cross functional teams to access and create solutions from out data. Your primary objective will be to create and maintain a clean clinical data setup and implement an automated, scalable, and repeatable process to ensure consistency across the platform – this can include a number of tasks such as data mapping, ML augmentation, automating QA checks, and developing orchestrated data pipelines. Your work will directly influence our clients’ ability to drive an improved prior authorization process which will enable timely access to appropriate care for patients – significantly reducing the burden of care.
· BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Proficiency in Python
· Three or more years’ experience creating and maintaining optimal data pipelines for SQL and NoSQL databases
· Three or more years’ experience working within the Azure ecosystem especially with the following: Azure File Storage, Azure Data Bricks, Azure DevOps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure SQL
· Five or more years’ experience deploying machine learning models into production systems
· Five or more years’ experience in data manipulation, algorithms, advanced math, and/or statistical modeling
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
· Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
· Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure Machine Learning, Azure Data Factory or other cloud equivalents Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Competitive salary and equity, remote first work environment, unlimited PTO, deep work Wednesdays, company sponsored healthcare, dental, & vision benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Banjo Health.
Banjo Health Inc. is a health industry solutions provider that helps customers navigate the ever-changing medical climate through Artificial Intelligence (AI). The Banjo Health mission is to create a clear path to focus on optimal patient care for our healthcare partners by providing innovative, effective, and efficient technological solutions to overcome barriers in streamlining traditional workflow. With deep technical expertise, Banjo Health is empowering enterprises to harness the full power of the cloud and emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing through customized solutions and first-party cloud-based products. Banjo Health is uniquely comprised of technologists and clinicians who share a deep understanding of medical market needs and the appropriate application of cloud technology + AI to solve the biggest burdens in healthcare. Visit http://www.banjohealth.com for more information.