About the role
We are currently seeking a QA Engineer to help support and drive our growth. We are looking for candidates that can bring their robust expertise and perspective to the Banjo Health team, helping us build quality solutions that empower holistic and tangible transformation at every level.
The QA Engineer will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. This individual will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. They will have a long history of helping to build mature SaaS based systems through strong technical acumen, attention to detail and adherence to best practices and employing best in class quality assurance frameworks and methodologies.
Your work will be key in providing confidence to the stakeholders that the project will be delivered to the highest standard by communicating the outcomes during regular reviews and independent audits. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an QA/QC engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Determine quality improvement factors
- Make sure processes adhere to quality standards
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
- Provide feedback by reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents.
- Develop well-structured and detailed test plans and cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Use open-source tools to design, develop, and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for products that will meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- Be up to date with the latest testing tools and strategies
- Implement, maintain, and audit company quality systems
- Assist with testing automation
- Participate in code and design review to meet and exceed quality goals and standards
- Be accountable for completing assignments on time and within budget
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
Ideally, you have:
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and development.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Knowledgeable of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong critical thinking skills, outside-of-the box thought leader
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject